Membership Billing Policy
- Membership dues are required to be paid to provide members unlimited monthly access to the Santa Barbara Masters Swimming program (SBMS).
- All SBMS members MUST hold a current U.S. Masters Swimming membership.
- Membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Members are required to pay membership dues (10-pass swim, monthly, 3-month, or 12-month) whether you choose to attend workouts or not. Refunds are not issued for not attending workouts. If you plan to be away for an extended period of time, please review our membership freeze and suspend the account policies below.
Membership benefits are offered on a monthly basis. Membership is not offered on a daily or weekly basis. Therefore, dues are not prorated, and memberships are charged in full for the month regardless of the day of the month for which the member signed up. For example, members who join on the 29th of a given month will be charged the same as members who join on the 1st of that month. If a member cancels after the 1st of a particular month, the cancellation takes effect on the 1st of the following month.
Members have the choice to choose the following auto-billing payment schedule:
- Monthly – billed automatically on the first of every month.
- 3 Month – billed automatically every three months on the first of the month payment is due.
- 12 Month – billed automatically every twelve months on the first of the month payment is due.
If a member wishes to cancel membership, the member must submit the request in writing to email@example.com at least ten (10) days prior to the first of the month you wish to stop membership. For example, if you wish to cancel your membership beginning October 1st, you must submit your cancellation request by September 21st.
SBMS reserves the right to increase membership rates at any time upon providing notice of such increase to the member not less than thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of the dues increase. Notice by electronic mail to a member’s registered email address shall be deemed adequate notice of any increase in dues.
CREDIT CARD FAILURES
Members are responsible for maintaining a current credit card on file at all times. You will be subject to a $35 late fee and membership cancellation for dues not paid within thirty days of the due date and for not maintaining a current credit card on file. Credit cards can be updated securely by logging into your account.
Members on the 3 and 12-month plans may choose to freeze membership for personal reasons such as illness, pandemic risk, or injury up to a maximum of three (3) consecutive months (including monthly waivers) by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the freeze period. Only one (1) freeze period is allowed per calendar year. Members must specify the start and ending month for the account freeze. Membership will resume automatically after the freeze period ends and the remaining months left on your membership will be applied. If additional time off is required past three (3) months within the current membership, a refund will be issued for the months remaining on the membership and membership will be canceled. Canceling membership during the freeze period cancels both the freeze and any remaining month credit.
Members on a monthly plan can request to suspend monthly billing for a period of time up to three (3) consecutive months by submitting a request at least five (5) days prior to the month they wish to halt billing. Members must indicate when billing should resume.
Members can view/update their contact, login, or payment information by logging into their account.
Returning members must re-register when rejoining SBMS to confirm current USMS, contact and payment information. Dues must be paid before attending your first practice. To rejoin, send a request to email@example.com.
PAYMENT BY CHECK OR CASH
SBMS does not accept payments by check or cash. All payments must be by credit card, the payment is due by the first of the month.
Please contact us if you have questions - firstname.lastname@example.org